Everyday in Atlanta G-A

Andy, Amy and Ainsley in Atlanta

My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

We love our little girl and now have another one coming soon! Stay tuned...

5.27.2008

Headed south

We're coming back to America. Andy has gotten a job in Atlanta, Georgia so that's where we'll soon be calling home. It's farewell to Scotland on July 10th. It is so hard to believe we've lived here nearly 3 years! We'll fly to Indiana and stay there for 2 days. Then we'll rent a Uhaul and drive the stuff we have in storage there down with us to Georgia. While we're there we'll have Ainsley's 1st birthday party (a week and a half early but that's okay!) which will be so much fun to do with family and good friends. Before we come back to the states we are vacationing in Italy for a week and a half. We can't wait! First we'll go to Florence for a week where we'll stay with my mom and two aunts and uncles in a villa. Then we're off to Rome for 3 days with my mom. Andy is sooo... excited to see Vatican City and the many other sights. I'm looking forward to beautiful weather, awesome sights and great food! Anyway, while we're waiting for that trip to arrive we are busy packing our things up here and selling lots of them as well. I am also working a lot. I can't remember if I said this in a previous blog or not but I was promoted to Store Manager for a new store opening in Aberdeen. Of course now that I'm leaving it will only be my store for about 3 weeks. :( But at least I'll get to see the outcome of all the work I've put into preparing for it. Anyway, my new store opens this weekend so the lead up to it is filled with lots of things to do in preparation. Hopefully everything will run smoothly and let's hope I didn't forget to order anything really important! :) I'll let you know how that goes. Most importantly though, Andy is submitting his dissertation this week! Yay! His oral examination (Viva, they call it) won't be until September unfortunately but after turning the hard copy in this week a major weight will be lifted. I am so proud of him. What an accomplishment. Pretty soon here we'll all be calling him Doctor Odle. Although he'd actually prefer the Reverend Doctor Odle I'm sure. I think I'll be sticking with Andy. :) Anyway, that's a brief update on our lives at the moment. We're looking forward to this next chapter but are feeling sad to leave Aberdeen as well. After all, we do have some good friends here and lots of great memories. Not the least of which, of course, is that we added another member to our family whilst over here. Came as 2, leave as 3. We couldn't be any happier about that!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new job and finishing your dissertation Andy!

So what job do you have lined up in Atlanta?

BTW, I'm heading out to Nebraska this fall as I go on staff with Word Made Flesh. I'm excited about it.

Hope to see you when you're in Anderson.

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home