Everyday in Atlanta G-A

Andy, Amy and Ainsley in Atlanta

My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

We love our little girl and now have another one coming soon! Stay tuned...

7.10.2007

Still waiting

I'm not getting out much these last days because if I walk too much I just get really sore. When the weather cooperates though, I do try to get out of the flat at least for a little while. Although I can find plenty of things to keep me busy at home it's still fun to get out for some fresh air! Last week Andy and I went for a walk down to the beach to get some ice cream. We documented that with a photo (shown above). We bought our stroller last week. It's sitting in the entry way just waiting for a baby to jump in it. I packed our hospital bag and have a phone list ready of who to call to take us to the hospital and who to call after the birth. We had a midwife appointment last week and everything is fine. Our next appointment scheduled is July 19th, after the due date...weird. That means it's almost time! I've started going back and forth between sleeping on the couch and sleeping in our bed. Depending on the night sometimes the couch is more comfortable. The last few afternoons I've managed to get a much needed nap in. Yesterday I organized my recipe box. This morning I went out and got my hair cut (notice the picture below) and stopped by work to say hi. Just a little while ago I cleaned all the shelves and drawers in our refrigerator. Can you say nesting? Tomorrow we're going to Costco with a couple friends to shop and eat a slice of pizza. Mmmmm... So, that's my life right now in case you were interested in the details of what I've been doing with my time. Andy still continues to work hard writing every day. He is well into the 5th chapter of his dissertation now which is a great accomplishment! I know everything I wrote doesn't sound too exciting but it helps pass the days while we wait. :) The picture of me to the right was just taken today. Can you notice that my stomach has dropped? It's great, I can breathe a bit easier now!

7 Comments:

Blogger Kelli said...

Your hair looks super cute!--I think thats the first time I've seen it down since you cut it!

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy,

Really enjoyed the blog. Your mom sent us the address, so we decided to check it out. Great photos and
text.
Best of luck to you guys.

We recently had Neal and Jessica and the "girls" over for the 4th of
July and had a great time. Maybe the best display ever.
Was good to see them and hear of their plans to move to Chehalis/Centralia area. Hope it goes well.

Sue forwarded your blog up to Jill at Western so don't be suprised if
you hear from her too.(She is going summer quarter). she should be done next year! Yeah!

All the best

Steve and Sue
sjohansen@verizon.net

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes - you definitely have dropped.
Walk - walk and walk again and the baby will definitely jump into the awaiting stroller.
Can't wait to hear that the wee one has arrived!
Love and best wishes
Aunt Berta

10:53 PM  
Blogger The Green Family said...

Your hair is adorable, Amy! And you look great. Hang in there, you're almost there!! :-)
Rachel

9:42 PM  
Blogger Berta said...

Amy and Andy and new baby!
Congratulations - can't wait to see a picture of the little miss on this site.
Loveyou
Aunt Berta and Uncle James and Family

10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATS AMY AND ANDY!!! YOUR BABY GIRL IS A BEAUTY....JUST LIKE HER MOM! CAN'T WAIT TO MEET YOU IN PERSON PRECIOUS GIRL!
WITH LOVE...THE JACKSON FAMILY

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, man, I knew you would be beautiful pregnant. Amy I love this picture. I love the name you and Andy chose. I am so glad you had a baby shower! I miss you terrible now and so wish I could hold Ainsley. You and Andy are already wonderful parents, I so wish I could see you in action. If I was rich, I would fly to Scotland. Prayers and love, blessings and congrats to the Odles. Troy, Shelli, Lena, Lexi, Tyler and Mary Jane

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home