Everyday in Atlanta G-A

Andy, Amy and Ainsley in Atlanta

My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

We love our little girl and now have another one coming soon! Stay tuned...

11.29.2008

Happy Thanksgiving

In the kitchen preparing the big meal.
I always have a helper!



Admiring the food.


Here it all is. Just for Andy, Ainsley and I.



I love olives!





The day after Thanksgiving. Our apartment is now very festive! :)




Well, I had a great time preparing all of the food that is a "must have" for Thanksgiving. The problem was trying to prepare enough for just 2 adults and a baby. Impossible for me to do! I made mashed potatoes, sweet potato balls, green bean casserole, stuffing, mixed berry pie, pumpkin pie and, of course, turkey. I took the turkey out of the oven when it was done (or so I thought). Andy was carving it as I heard him say, "um, Amy, is this okay? It looks like a vampire turkey". It wasn't okay, still very bloody...oops. Everything else was done and ready to eat though so we went ahead and ate anyway while the turkey was back in the oven. We were so stuffed we didn't have room for the turkey. Good thing because when I took it out again it STILL wasn't finished! I was so annoyed and we didn't have the patience to keep waiting for it so we ended up throwing the whole thing away! Can you believe that? Of course Andy thinks it's hilarious while I am upset because of all the money we spent and the time I spent preparing it, etc. Oh well! I guess it is pretty funny that we had Thanksgiving dinner without the main ingredient. We still enjoyed it all and had leftovers for 3 more meals after that.














4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like Thanksgiving was perfect even without the Turkey.
Try the turkey roasting bags, less oven time and turns out great (meaning done) every time! Love you ....Aunt Berta

11:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kBummer about the turkey, but at least it wasn't all dried out! What I really want to know is what are sweet potato balls and how do you make them?
Thanks for keeping us updated on your "goings-on"!

Mary Jane

10:57 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

You guys look great! My sister told me that she thinks you live right down the street from her. That's neat! Happy holidays!
Love,
Chad, Diana, and Colton

5:12 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Brock said...

Thanks for the good yuck Amie! I'm with andy about it being funny. We got your christmas letter and the pictures. Wonderful!

Didn't you have plans to have another guest for thanksgiving?

Brian and company (steph found your blog)

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home